Independant can be a lonely termL’?l?gance unique et le professionnalisme extraordinaire du d?cor, vous approchera au climat des salons d’un poker regle classique. at times. If you have a home based business, you are an independant owner. For some people that is a large concept to grasp.
What does that mean, really?
* you are responsible to yourself (no suprise there)
* you don’t have to ask any ones permission on anything
* you are responsible for your own leads in whatever method you choose
* you are the one that has to track your success rates with the methods you choose
* you are the sales person, the accountant, the shipping dept, the customer service dept, and any other dept you can think of
* you have to learn new sales methods for when the ones you are using stop working
* you have to know when they stop working
* you have to be self disciplined to work everyday
* you have to realize in order to be successful and make a lot of money, it really does take more than a few hours a day, at least in the beginning.
* you have to continue to learn and develop your craft and never get stale or lazy.
* you have to remember there is always someone on your tail wanting your customers, your business
* you can never trust anyone fully in business
* you have to learn to work smarter, not harder
So is being Independant all its cracked up to be? Some I have known have said “No Way” and quit their business not long after starting it, or their business quit them due to lack of attention or knowledge.
Some have said “Heck Yes” and have learned to embrace the difficulties, the learning curve and developed the passion for the business.
This is what sales people are made of. Ones that never give up or look for a free hand out in business. Trust me… nothing is free!
Have you embraced your business? Remember, if you are good to your business, it will be good to you!