You know they are out there. You may even know a few or perhaps live with one. The Negative Nellies of the world…. Nothing can make them happy.
But what happens when you run into one you are trying to sell your product to? All you hear from them is negative.
“Oh, I can get that cheaper at Wal-Mart.”
“Oh, I can’t use things with cheap ingredients.”
My Favorite one – “Oh another home business? You are always doing something different.”
Ummm, not really, thanks for pay attention!
So what can you do? How can you take one more complaint or criticism to your choice of business?
Well, the way I see it, you have 3 options.
1) Ignore them and keep on presenting. You are going to eventually find something they like
2) Ignore them and stop the sales process because they are probably going to return anything you may be able to sell them anyway.
3) Turn the sales process around.
I personally vote for number 3. Here are a few ways you can turn the sales process around.
– Ask them what they like about your line. What are they looking for? What makes a good product a good value – then recommend items that fit those responses.
– Introduce them to other parts of your line that they may not have complaints about.
– Let them sell themselves. Let your Negative Nellie tell you what they are looking for or need to buy. They may not even realize they have been sold to.
– Give them samples and let them do their own comparisons without being told how great your product is or what they will expect to see. Let them find to their own results then ask them about how they liked the product.
If worse comes to worse, you can always just have a friend and not a customer in that person because sometimes it may just need to be that way. And probably a lot easier too!