Direct sales is a multi billion dollar business and for those that have chosen direct sales as their business of choice, building a strong business with as many income producing streams as possible is the goal. Continually working on improving your business is the key to long term success. You never stop learning. I am often asked for my best tips when it comes to this business so I thought I would share my top 6 best tips for a direct sales business.
Here they are in no particular order:
1) Always be prepared – this business is a business that can go anywhere at any time and you never know when you will meet someone that wants your business information. Be prepared with business cards, a pen and paper to get their contact info and catalogs. Business is anywhere you look so keep your eyes open.
2) Never be afraid or ashamed of your business and what you do – Many people do not understand the beauty of a direct sales business so be proud of your business. Look for those that are interested in your business and disregard the naysayers.
3) Remember you are a business owner – Dress and act the part. If you are a professional and show your enthusiasm for your business, others will treat you as such.
4) Always ask for the sale – Some people need to be reminded that you sell product. Never be afraid to ask for the sale and booking. You will close more sales if you just ask. Never assume that they will purchase on their own.
5) Focus on selling product– Direct sales is a great way to have cash in your pocket all of the time. If you need money, have a party or sell inventory. Selling product is important for every consultant, no matter what level you are in the company.
6) Set a goal and work towards it daily– Setting goals is a way to keep your business on track. Without a monetary goal and a team building goal, you will flounder. Goals will help you reach further and challenge your self and your business. Try daily, monthly and yearly goals so you always have something to work towards.
These 6 tips are things to remember at all times in your business. They may seem simple and be a no brainer, but I promise they will take you far in your direct sales business.