Every direct sales representative wants to increase their sales. That is a given in this market. Sales is the nature of this business overall. And for many years there has been many groups of direct sales reps that have gathers for support and learning on various groups boards or facebook groups. It is a wonderful thing to see so many people help one another.
Also within those groups you will see offers of party swapping and sales swapping between reps. What is your take on these types of activities in groups? Do you have an overall feeling about them? Have you been burned before?
Sales or Party Swapping With Other Reps: Yea or Nay
The groups are wonderful for sharing your information and tips and a place to gather and make friends. However I really do have some issue with swapping parties and sales between reps. Here are some things to consider:
* If you are relying on other reps to support your business, are you really being successful at all?
* If you need help making minimum orders, maybe look at how you are marketing your business.
* If swapping a party for a party is done as a means to get your leader off your back, how are you making money in the long run? Will you get other bookings from it?
* Have you booked a party from another rep to help someone out but she does not come through on her end? How does that make you feel?
* Have you retained another rep as a long term customer or is it a one time sale or product swap?
* Have you continued to buy from another rep you swapped product or parties from?
* Wouldn’t reaching out to others who will help you grow your business and make money be a better choice?
After all, we are in business to make money. Not necessarily for using that product we sell as a means to swap for someone else’s product. If you want another persons product, honor them and yourself by making the purchase. I believe what goes around, comes around.
image from stuart miles and freedigitalphotos