I know that a lot of direct sellers do not bother with a blog or website in their business. I think a lot of them believe that because their local business is doing fine, there is no reason to pay attention to the online portion of their business. Unless the company gives you a website long with the consultant set up, I often wonder how many people add a separate site for their business. I think the percentage is quite low and that is a mistake.
There are many reasons for adding a separate website/blog to your direct sales business. Here are some of my tips for using a blog or website in your direct sales business.
1) You can capture new customers emails and add them to your email list. If you ever decided to change companies, you lose your email list that has been added through your consultant site. By using a website geared for your business, you can route all shopping through your personal website/blog site, including email sign ups. That is very valuable.
2) Add content to your site with blogging tips and tricks about your product line. This is a value added service that can bring in additional new customers and a place to direct current customers and even team mates for ideas and tips.
3) Promotional information can be shared. New hostesses promo’s, kit information, new product launches can all be added to your site with a blog post announcement. Email blasts send the reader to your site for the information.
4) Reach new customers and team mates with a strong online presence. Customers and direct sales consultants want to know that the person that they are working with a professional and know their business. Having a well thought out and strong online presence, you will attract the customers and team members you are looking to add to your business.
5) Use the site for training purposes. If you choose to have a wordpress site, you can actually have separate sections just for your team training articles. This can be a category, page or even private area of your site. Keep everything under one roof for easy access and workability.
I am sure there are more great reasons, but these 5 come to mind directly. Expanding your customer base and team by using a blog for your website is a strong reason to add one to your direct sales business. Need help? I can help with blog installs, management and writing too. Ask me for help with your business blog.
image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net