When I first started in Direct Sales, I took it so personally when they quit or went inactive. but you know what? That was their choice.
~ they chose the business based on their likes and dislikes.
~ they chose to ask questions, or not.
~ they chose to respond to emails or phone calls, or not.
~ they chose to work the business, or not.
You cannot work the business for them. They chose the business, for whatever reasons, and it is their business. We can only guide them and help when needed. If we are there when they need us, that is awesome. If we can give some tips and lend a helping hand, that is what we do best. Other than that, you can’t make them stay.
We cannot beat ourselves up for someone that chooses to leave or even that chooses to not accept help. Remember that people are at different levels in the direct sales business. Some don’t need a leader at all. Some seem to need a friend more than business help. Some can use all the help you can give.
What can we do as leaders, even for those that do not want to be “lead”? Several things.
* Make sure they get the training they need.
* Make sure they have access to the selling tools and information on the company side
* Make sure that they know you are available and when.
* Make sure you check with those that are silent every few weeks or months, just in case.
* Be open to learning from others
Lastly, Relax and have fun meeting great new people.