In direct sales, there are two main ways that you can make sales. Some direct sales consultants are constantly searching for the next sale and when they find it, they make the sale and begin looking for the next one. This works, but you could be making money without quite as much effort.
Rather than thinking about each sale as just a sale, think more of them as customers. If you use the proper techniques, you can turn many of your one-time sales into repeat customers. The hardest thing in direct sales is making that first sale. So why should you only seek out the hard way? Yes, you have to constantly be looking for new customers, but if you have repeat customers you won’t have to spend quite as much time in doing so.
Most people shop in the same place (whether it be grocery store, bed and bath products, or even clothes) to fulfill their needs. You find yourself returning to the same stores because you know the prices, quality, and staff. So why not take advantage of human nature?
In order to be successful in direct sales you need to have both repeat customers as well as new ones. It is the same with any kind of business. Typically you make the most money from repeat customers because they come to know the products and quality.
Tips to turn Sales into customers
1. Make sure you get contact info for each sale. Then on birthdays or holidays you can send an email or card. This will make your customers feel as though you care about them and they will be more likely to do business with you again.
2. Be knowledgeable about your products and company. If you are able to answer any questions asked of you, immediately people will see you as an authority in your field. You want to stay ahead of your competition. When a new product is coming out, learn all about it as soon as possible.
3. Customer service is extremely important. If your customer service skills are lacking it will show in your business. If a problem occurs you have to rectify it immediately. Otherwise those customers will find someone else offering the same products. Even if a customer only purchases a small number of items, treat them as though they are big spenders. Word of mouth can make or break your business.
4. Refer customers to other customers. If you have a customer looking for a good hair stylist and you have another customer who happens to be a hair stylist, refer them.
5. Create a newsletter to stay in regular communication with your customers. Make the newsletter informative and a value to them. When a new product is coming out, let everyone know about it. Finding a good newsletter service is essential to maintaining good customer services. One that I have found to be very affordable and direct sales friendly is MyNewsletterBuilder.com
(Enter DebBixler in the comment box if you join and tell them I said you get one month free!)
There are many ways to turn a sale into a repeat customer. The biggest is the quality of your customer service and customer care. Special deals are a great way to keep people coming back for more and customer service is what makes them think of you instead of another consultant. Make them feel important, and they will return again and again. Customer service skills will make or break your business. Learn how to wow your customers and increase sales as well at: Create A Cash Flow Show
Article by Deb Bixler. All Rights Reserved