Anyone can throw together a craft show, but getting the shoppers there is the key to a great event. Let’s face it; your vendors expect something from the fees that they pay to attend the show. It is your job to advertise the show and get those people to attend. Here are some tips that you can use to help to advertise your craft chow event.
1) Create a flyer and make sure that all of your vendors have a copy. Encourage them to share it with their customers and at other events that they are attending.
2) Online craft show event calendars are a great way to get the information out especially if you promote it ahead of time. If your show is large, you definitely want to be on sites like Craft Show News and Fairs and Festivals.
3) Advertising locally is a must. The Newspapers still rule when it comes to events. Take out an ad in the events column and run it on weekends several times before the event. Also run it the few days before the event and the day of as well.
4) Go to radio. If you are a non profit, radio stations will play ad spots for you at no charge is space permits. It is optional and they can pick and choose so make sure that you have great information for them. Plan this at least 1 month prior to the event.
5) Use local signage – make sure that you have signs at major intersections all over your area. Help direct people to where the event is being held.
These 5 easy tips will help with your attendance. By taking the time to advertise your event, you will increase the attendance making it easier to enjoy more shows in the future.