Offline marketing is still a very important part of our business as a direct sales professional. While much of our business has transformed to being online, being a powerhouse in your local market is an important part of being a well rounded consultant and an effective leader for others. Many consultants have used a lead box successfully in the local market, including myself. Let’s look at some tips for success using a lead box.
Tips for Using Lead Boxes in Home Based Businesses
First, we need to look at what a lead box is. A lead box is a cardboard or Lucite box where an interested person can drop their information for a call back or contact from you. Usually a pre-printed questionnaire or tablet is attached so the interested party can fill out their name, contact info and then check mark what type of contact they want from you.
So in terms of using these lead boxes successfully, you need a few things to encourage use.
1) Think about what information you want from the contact. Are you looking for email contact, phone or mailing? Specific questions you want answers to? Create an info tear-off sheet reflecting what you want to know. Do not make it too long. Short and sweet is the best.
2) Place the lead box in shops or places where you know the owner personally. You will need to monitor the box and sheets often
3) Only place the boxes in relevant places. For instance, if you are in a beauty business, look for clothes shops, shoes shops, accessory shops, hair and nail shop, etc. to place your boxes.
4) Maintain your boxes and remove the leads several times a week. Leave one or two in there to encourage others to use them.
5) Think about offering a giveaway of some sort to encourage the use of the lead box. Most reps find this works well. A monthly giveaway is easy to manage.
6) Make sure to let those signing up know on the form that using the form is their authorization to add them to a mailing list or email list. Always be up front!
7) Use these at vendor events,craft shows, etc. that you attend to add to your contact list.
Using lead boxes in your home based business can be an effective tool depending on how you manage the boxes. They are a great way to find more local contacts for parties and mailing lists. I have found these boxes online and at Staples. Why not give them a shot in your offline marketing efforts for your business.
image from stuart miles and freedigitalphotos